Miss Green and White Nigeria (MGWN), 3rd October, 2015
Miss Green and White Nigeria (MGWN) scheduled for October, as part of the activities to commemorate the Nigeria independence, aimed to promote peace and unity and stimulate awareness against violence and apathy towards the oneness of Nigeria particularly among the youths and at the same time celebrating young Nigerian women; presenting them as unique blend of beauty, elegance, intelligence and excellence.
To promote a united, peaceful and mutually tolerant Nigeria and to leave a positive legacy for future generation.
• To promote positive social change and re-orient people’s perception through information, advocacy and service.
• To help build a peaceful society and promote stability for a sustainable development
• To provide good role models in the society and help broaden awareness on specific issues of our time, such as: cultural values, leadership, family values, and confidence to succeed in the society.
• To create opportunities for talents exhibition and creativities with the view to build successful young Nigerians and exposing our rich culture, potentials, image and reputation to the world.
• She will work as an ambassador for peace and unity, to promote one Nigeria through the international organizations such as United Nations (UN), other organizations like; NGOs, Religious Organizations, Media Associations and Government Parastatals .
• As an ambassador, she will visit Nigerian Universities and schools to broaden awareness on specific issues of our time, promoting peace and unity.
• She will participate in the United Nations Peace seminars and Women Peace Seminars.
• She will handle innovative projects with special focus on ensuring a better Nigeria.
• She is expected to travel all over Nigeria, she has a duty to join in championing the uplifting of Nigeria socially and culturally and act as a role model for the Nigerian youth.
• She will work with non-governmental organizations to campaign against women abuse and child abuse as an additional project.
FAITH OYINDAMOLA OYEGBOLA, a 15-year-old undergraduate who contested
as Miss Bayelsa won the 2014 edition of the Miss Green and White
Nigeria Beauty Pageant.
Faith defeated 24 other contestants to emerge victorious in the
competition held on 26th October in Lagos to commemorate Nigeria’s
independence. Miss Abuja, AYOMIDE TOLUHI, was the first runner-up,
while Miss Bauchi, VIVIAN CHUKWU , was the second runner-up.
Faith, who is referred to as Ambassador for Peace is currently
representing the nation at all peace programs through the Nigeria
Network of NGOs and its community within and outside Nigeria.
A beautiful, intelligent and young Faith, as reigning beauty queen, Miss Green & White , she was very active in sensitising the youths during the last general elections in March across the country as she advised Nigerian youths to protect the image of the country and avoid being used as tools of destruction, just as they carry out their civic responsibility by voting wisely. For more information on Miss Green and White Nigeria, go to: www.mgwng.org